As you work from home you may notice some electrical issues that are not going away. Here are our top three:
1. A bad switch. When you’ve turned on that light switch and the bulb seems fine then flickers. Do you have to hold the switch in place? Or perhaps you hear noise. Time for a professional electrician to repair or replace the switch.
2. Your circuit breaker trips. Does your circuit breaker keep tripping in your home. This is definitely a sign of a bigger problem. You may need to replace your electrical panel.
3. Surges. Transient electrical surges. They may only happen for a blink of an eye but can have a negative impact on your appliances. Besides having a power strip surge protector, this is a sign of larger problems that need to be addressed and fixed.
NIC Construction & Electrical is here to help you with all of your electrical needs. Contact us today at 661-600-2851.
At NIC Construction and Electrical, we are here to help you find and install the best standby generator for your home.
These generators will give you the power you need to securely power your home during a time of an emergency outage.
Let’s take a look at some of the top 3 standby generators:
1. Generac Guardian 22kw Standby Generator System. This system will power your entire home and will connect to your gas line or propane tank. It also has a digital power manager able to power multiple A/C units if needed.
2. Kohler 20RESCL-200SELS – 20kW Composite Standby Generator System. Commercial grade clean power. This will also power your entire household.
3. Briggs & Stratton 20kW Standby Generator System Not only will this system power your home but is able to power all circuits without a sub-panel.
No matter which you choose you will want a professional experienced electrical contractor to install this for you. NIC-Construction & Electrical will get this done and done right. Contact NIC today at 661-600-2851.
NIC-Construction and Electrical are headquartered in the Santa Clarita Valley. With over 20 years of experience in the trades, NIC-Construction and Electrical is your number one choice for your home remodeling project. Our dedication to the area and our chosen vendors is. a plus for all of our customers.
A full-service contractor that will take your project from the start to finish. We start with a contract detailing the work we help you through every step of the job.
So whether it’s for your kitchen or bathroom remodel we can meet and exceed your expectations.
You may have an older home or perhaps you are ready for a change in your kitchen. Whatever the case may be here are our top 3 signs you need cabinet work done.
1. Water damage. It happens. Being in the kitchen and with age, water damage may happen. Here you may need to fix the box or replace the doors.
2. You can’t stand the sight of them. The doors of the cabinets may be completely outdated. Is your house over 20 years old? Here you could do some resurfacing and add modern hardware to save money.
3. Non-functional. The drawers don’t open. Cabinet doors slam into each other. Your cabinets are not functional. These will need to be replaced.
If you have any of these signs contact NIC Construction & Electrical today at
661-600-2851 or you can TEXT us.
If cleaning up your bathroom is on your to-do list then we have some tips on how to organize your bathroom. Here’s a list of suggestions that made our top 5:
Installing shelves. Besides just a regular medicine cabinet, you could install shelves to organize all of your toiletries. Spice racks make a great bathroom DIY project.
A Shower Caddy. At times the hair products may get out of control. A multi-shelf caddy will save the day.
A Leaning Shelf. A leaning shelf that fits right over the toilet, will help save space and make a great place to organize towels and other necessities.
Laundry Bin. To keep all of your clothes off the floor and ready for the laundry – the right laundry bin with matching color to your bathroom’s theme is a good addition.
Towel Hooks. This is a classy way to organize all family member’s towels. Each person gets their own hook and keeps your towels off the floor.
Try out these ideas on how to organize your bathroom and be sure and contact NIC Construction & Electrical when you are ready to renovate your bathroom. 661-600-2851 TEXT US Today!
2020 is here and it’s time to renovate your home. With the new year, there are new trends in renovation and design.
Here is a list of some of the new home design trends for 2020:
- The trends that continue are sustainable, environment-friendly fixtures, and appliances.
- Patterns are back. Whether it’s the wallpaper or the trim. Patterns are a chic and great way to decorate your home.
- Bold accent walls are a major trend now. Go bold and decorate the home.
- Bronze is the new black. For hardware whether in the kitchen or bathroom bronze is it.
- Country vintage look. In 2020 you’ll see a lot of this. Possibly inspired by Magnolia from Fixer Upper.
Holidays are almost here and what better gifts for your family than home improvement gifts. Here is our list of the top 5:
- The Dremel 75 piece toolkit. If you do any carving or grinding then you know Dremel is one of the best in the industry. Priced at under $20 dollars it’s great deal.
- Ecobee Thermostat An Ecobee thermostat is a great holiday gift to improve your home. Homeowners can save up to 23% in heating and cooling costs a year.
- Black and Decker Cordless Drill Compact and light this drill helps with small tasks around your home with ease. This 20-volt max motor gives you all the power you need.
- Little Giant 22 Ladder It’s 22% lighter and besides an A-frame there are many configurations with the Little Giant.
- Bosch Sander The bosch sander is palm-held and works with an array of attachments. Has variable speed control and dust collection for fine dust.
And when your ready to tackle those larger home improvement projects contact NIC Construction & Electrical at 661-600-2851
When it comes time to paint NIC Construction & Electrical is here to get the job done.
However, these types of questions come up quite a bit. What type of paint should I use? What’s the right sheen for my house? Flat. Semi-gloss. Eggshell. What’s the best paint for my living room?
We answer these questions below:
1. What brand of paint should I use? The industry standard is paint from Dunn Edwards. They make a quality product but can be pricey. Other options include Home Depot. They have a great line of Behr paints. Lowes also offers a full line of Sherwin-Williams paints. Think of your budget and get the best you can for your home.
2. What type of sheen of paint should I use on my home’s exterior?
This is a matter of function and taste. Flat paint is the norm for the exteriors of most homes. Flat paint hides any blemishes and won’t show lap marks. It’s downfall though is it’s hard to clean. One answer to this is to use a satin/eggshell which has a slight sheen yet tough enough to keep clean. Of course, semi-gloss paint can be used for trim, and doors and has washability.
3. What type of paint should I use on the interior of my home?
This is another personal choice. Flat paints in the interior – light greys are especially popular. However, if you have kids that could be a problem. As with the exterior, flat paints on the interior do not have a good washability rating. Families with kids should use a paint with at least an eggshell sheen. Dunn-Edwards offers Suprema Velvet product line which is great for families.
NIC Construction & Electrical will work with you to make sure you get the right paint for your home and budget. Call or TEXT us today for a quote. 661-600-2851 Send TEXT
Recently we’ve done some custom cabinetry services for a local church in Newhall. See our portfolio or our Instagram for photos.
However, we offer cabinets, wall units, pantries and much more. We will build your dream cabinets. Our services include:
- Custom kitchens
- Bathroom vanities
- Wall Units
- Storage for children’s toys
- Custom pantries
- Mantles and fireplaces
- Stereo Cabinets
We have years of experience and will work with you every step of the way. Exceeding your expectations is our goal.
Fill out the contact form and let us know what you need. Or call 661-600-2851
NIC Construction and Electrical care about our local community Santa Clarita.
Santa Clarita is an ever-growing valley of not only new homes but aging neighborhoods that need remodeling services. These services include but not limited too:
– Custom Cabinets
Before anything reach out and schedule a quote at 661-600-2851