Having a beautifully remodeled kitchen goes hand in hand with an organized space. This will benefit you and your family as they use the kitchen.
For this article we’ll be focusting on the cabinets around the stove, oven and higher cabinets above the microwave oven.
1.SPICES A great meal is made with great spices. The drawer right next to the stove can be utilized for your spices. Fill it full of spice jars that you can get from IKEA they are affordable and easy to label and make organizing your spices a breeze.
2. PULL-OUT #1 cabinets. To the side of the oven or below the spice drawer you can install pull-out cabinets. These pull-out cabinets can contain all of your pots/pans for cooking. Also within that cabinet you can have your larger stock-pots on the bottom shelf.
3. PULL-OUT #2 cabinets. On the other side of the oven you can utilize this space with larger mixing bowls, and colander. If you don’t want to use pull-out cabinets here another option is a lazy susan.
4. CABINETS-ABOVE to the left of stove and installed microwave can be utilized with all of your baking supplies. More mixing bowls, large mason jars to hold supplies, tools such as mixing spoons, and cupcake supplies.
5. CABINETS-ABOVE microwave large indoor grill is housed here. If you love indoor grilling, or perhaps your George Foreman grill can go here as well. A large bin next to the grill can hold all of your grilling supplies.
6. CABINETS-ABOVE to the right of the stove. Here you can house all of your everday dishes. Plates, serving platters, bowls. Easily accesible to set your dinner table with.
7. Lastly – your food should be stored in the pantry.
Keeping your food and kitchen supplies will keep you organized and you will enjoy your kitchen so much more.
So you’re ready to remodel your kitchen. You’ve watched enough Fixer Upper or Property Brothers on HGTV to inspire you to get started. What are some things to be aware of for a kitchen remodel? Quite a bit actually. You need to take the right steps to make it happen. Here’s a list that we think will make your remodel a success.
KITCHEN REMODEL STEPS:
Step #1:Plan and Budget for your Remodel. Planning for your remodel is very important. From cabinets/counters all the way to what faucets you like can have a big impact on what fits within your budget. Most Kitchen remodels start at about $10,000 and can exceed $40,000 so knowing what you like and what you can fit within your budget is very important.
Step #2: Research Styles and colors and give yourself options. Your kitchen is the most used room in your house so remember seek the help of a design professional when going over ideas. Also if your looking to update your appliances too there are many different options from basic all the way to Smart Appliances.
Step #3:Plan For The Unexpected. Even the best laid out plans can run into issues so always allow leeway. Whether its scheduling, material delays, or even the unforeseen plumbing or electrical issues inside a wall. Planning for the unexpected is always a smart move.
Step #4:Fixture and Hardware means everything. Once you’ve chosen the right cabinets for your kitchen the right hardware finishes the look. Always choose the right fixtures and hardware before beginning the job, this assists contractors in accurately estimating.
Step #5: Of Course The Final Step is choosing the right contractor for your remodel. NIC Construction & Electrical prides themselves on many years of experience and is affordable. We help you bring your kitchen to life no matter what your budget. Take your first step and contact us today.